1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

These questions and more will be answered in the next episode of As the Agent Burns ...

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I just think it’s funny that thousands of SEC people are still crying in their beer that a guy from California went back to California.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

11 straight for the M's!

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Sparked by Marco Gonzales gutting out six innings after a rough start … and a cool inside-the-park HR by Sam Haggerty. That guy can move.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mets are 22 over .500. Quietly.

Screenshot_20220715-054250_Google.jpg

Azrael likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Let's get @doctorquant in here to do the cypherin', but I think since .500 would be 45 -45, the Mets are 11 games above .500.

Also: Have we figured out yet why no one in the big leagues can hit to beat the shift?

Or why no one has flirted with .400 for thirty years?

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

No. They could lose their next 21 games and still be above .500.

I see your point though. That’s not how the phrase is used colloquially though. Requires too much thinking and math.

maumann and Azrael like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lol I musta harmed and red-lined the mathematical gods indeedalee do and so the Mets have 22 more wins than they have losses.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Me too!

maumann likes this.
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Certainly the Jays were massively disadvantaged when they had to find any place to play that would have them. They'd be seriously screwed if Guerrero, Bichette, Hernandez or others had decided not to get vaxxed and couldn't play in Canada.

It's interesting two of the best teams in the AL, the Yankees and Astros, are fully vaxxed while one of the worst left 10 players at home but still beat the Jays last night with their makeshift group of regulars and AAA types. Whit Merrifield certainly hasn't covered himself in glory with his stance.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They are disadvantaged by vaccine laws.

They are disadvantaged by anti-vaxxers.

Draft saved Draft deleted