1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This goes only with their unwillingness to grapple with manmade climate change, the fact that their hero and savior is an insane demagogue/authoritarian, people with different appearances, sexualities, family dynamics are worthy of respect.........

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How do you feel about women — or girls — being compelled to carry pregnancy to birth if that process endangers their lives?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan. I thought I've made that clear on this thread, that even if I personally would lean toward the pro-life side I'm not ignorant to the reality that there are situations where it would regrettably be the best option. My opposition is more to the callous way the pro-choice side seems to regard the procedure as little more than having a boil lanced. That's what I find horrifying.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

One theory on that. It would also, you would think, entitle the father to all sorts of 'rights'. Denying an abortion, possible custody. In other words they probably don't see the benefit outweighing the harm? I certainly see both side on this. (with the woman having the final say so, ultimately)

Adding, I am surprised the gop didn't run with this as a way to take away one of the pro-choice issues in the argument.
    lol, probably because it would also hurt the men financially. That may be more important than the financial support the baby would have.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Where is this outpouring of people, other than that one woman on Twitter, who are like, "Fuck it, I'll kill my baby today and then go get my nails done"?

6. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

That you believe this is any kind of prevailing thought process illustrates what an ignorant turd you (and nearly everyone one the pro-life side) are.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We can't all be you.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

There are always some, but really, they don't treat it that way. Just the opposite.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Is that saying applicable with this 10-year-old rape victim and if she should be able to get an abortion?

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The saying as re: you is "Hard heads make stupid posts."

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That’s about what I expected from you.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, honestly, there are certain parental rights, like custody and say-so on health decisions (the child, not the mother) the father should have if he wants to be in the child's life.
    One part of this bill that I don't like is the mother being allowed to unilaterally squash a paternity test. I think I saw where that is still required by other parts of federal law, so it's unclear if this changes that or not. But if you're making someone pay child support you ought to make sure it's their child.

Draft saved Draft deleted