1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I haven't been to a lot of abortion protests, but I seem to see a lot on the internet where that seems to be the gist of things. I'm sure it's a minority, but it's a very vocal one.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It's just not. And it's ridiculous that you think it is.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

A protest and creative signs, which most I've seen are more about women empowering themselves and about not the actual procedure, is the same as going and getting an abortion, right?

TowelWaver likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Even if she believes it’s as simple as having a boil lanced, it’s her right to make the decision about something in her body. It’s not the way I’d handle it, but I’m also a man.

The safe, legal and rare line attributed to Bill Clinton is about where I am.

5. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

You most of all.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It is definitely a large part of the issue that isn't debated that much.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm genuinely curious about something. Earlier you said that the phrase "hard cases make bad law" crossed your radar "a few years ago" and then you asked, "What does that even mean?"

Did it ever occur to you to look it up?

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You want the guy who comes here asking the board to formulate his non-SJ arguments for him to do his own research?

10. doctorquant

It's just such an odd (to me) phenomenon. Ostensibly he languished in ignorance for years ... years!!!! ... regarding this, and it never occurred to him t0 type thus-and-such into the google. I don't get it. I look stuff up ... even stuff I'm pretty sure about ... all the damn time

I run into a similar thing a lot with my students. Student goes to the trouble to open the mail app, search out my email address, etc., so as to ask: "Doctor Quant, when is Exam 1?" Ummmmm ... did it ever occur to you to open up the syllabus?

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Did it ever occur to you that I was asking about the context of why that saying might apply to a case of whether or not a child should be allowed to have an abortion after she was raped?

12. doctorquant

It did, but then I made sure I'd read your post as you wrote it.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted