1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What would you expect? Trump had had only two years in office at that point. Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Wow. You don't think she has access to some pretty in-depth info?

And all the numbers show after 21 weeks. So you don't know how many of those, likely the vast majority, are before 25 weeks.

Also in the last week of gestation it's called birth.

3. Roscablo

Tell me you don't know what physicians actually do without telling me.

4. Roscablo

Anti-woman, anti-physician, anti-woman physician.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Do I understand this correctly? This Paper Chase asshole who never misses an opportunity to to play “No soap, radio” jokes on me (but hasn’t with this thing yet) is saying that there are women who wake up one day in the seventh or eighth month of a perfectly healthy pregnancy and decide they just really don’t want to have the baby after all and get an abortion?

Even though it’s been pretty well established that it just doesn’t happen?

Inky_Wretch and Roscablo like this.
  6. Roscablo

It evolved to the last week.

7. doctorquant

I don't think she has access to any better info than I do (or lots of folks, for that matter).

I don't practice medicine, nor have I ever practiced medicine. I am wholly ignorant as to how they arrive at their judgements, particularly those of a probabilistic nature. For all I know, they scatter goat entrails and interpret the pattern that ensues.

8. doctorquant

Pretty well established! You've cracked the case!

9. Roscablo

Right. No way she would have access to a ridiculous amount of in-depth materials on complex issues. Let alone actually knowing what that information says or means. Just Google it, like everyone else does. My gawd.

But you pretty much have proved us all wrong with this last statement. So end of argument. Great job.

10. Smallpotatoes

https://useyouroutsidevoice.co/2019/01/25/no-new-york-state-is-not-killing-full-term-babies-now/

11. Smallpotatoes

That means it doesn’t happen, ever.

Roscablo likes this.
  12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Kansans to decide fate of abortion rights in primary election

"Kansas voters will have the chance to decide the fate of abortion rights in the state on Aug. 2, portending the fight to come in other states as well.
    Kansans will vote on a constitutional amendment called the Value Them Both amendment that states abortion is not a right under the Kansas Constitution.
    The amendment would allow the Republican-controlled Legislature to pass new laws restricting or even banning abortions. Kentucky voters will vote on a similar amendment in November."

Draft saved Draft deleted