1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The D.B. Cooper documentary series on Netflix is really entertaining.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's what Physical devolved into midway thru the first season after really good 2 or 3 episodes to start.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Not meant to be snarky, but how can a D.B Cooper documentary be interesting? I remember watching about him on that show Spock hosted in the 1980's. Nothing has changed in all that time.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

A lot of the authors and amateur investigators (online sleuths) are entertaining characters. Fun look into their unique subculture. Neat speculation/theories too.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

There's another true crime doc on Netflix called the Girl In the Picture. What a wild freakin' story. I remember seeing it on Unsolved Mysteries and America's Most Wanted.

So a girl was kidnapped as a small child by a man who posed as her father and then they got married and she had a son (who was not his child) that he then kidnapped that little boy by going into his elementary school and taking him and the principal of the school at gunpoint. This was after he is accused of hitting the woman with his car and killing her.

Thankfully, that awful human is behind bars. He was convicted of one murder in Florida. Sadly, the little boy has never been found. A lot of the story went into the investigators who did the research to find the poor woman's original family and restore her name.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sooooo good. Fascinating. Great sleuthing.

Wenders likes this.
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What was the consensus? Did he make it with the cash, or die in the attempt ?

8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought that the odds were against him surviving. The only thing that makes me consider that he may have survived is that I have never read about a suspect who went missing at the time. Nobody has said their neighbour/uncle/colleague fits the description and just up and disappeared at the same time.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The consensus seems to be that he survived, got away with it. Probably to Canada and that he is most likely dead from old age/natural causes.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm becoming more and more intrigued about what is going to spell the end of Kim Wexler.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I just finished it and I thought it was great.

Draft saved Draft deleted