1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He’s not crazy in love, he’s stuck.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk

3. Spartan Squad

Just finished the Bear. I’m torn between knowing the ending was the right one in juxtaposition to episode 7 in terms of tone but also wanting something more gritty to close it out. Series may get a rewatch.

Are they going to get a second season?

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yep. Second season announced.
    https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-bear-fx-season-2-renewed-1235316515/

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know it’s not the right commercial decision, but I think one season would have been perfect. Just like Barry — the next couple of seasons have been really good, but there was a superb ending.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We finished Anatomy of a Scandal last night. Excellent cast but just a silly and predictable plot.

7. Spartan Squad

It was good until they try to shoe horn things in at the end

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I guess the Law & Order franchise was out of headlines to rip from, so they made some of their own.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

S3 E1 of Trying on Apple TV is a study in trying to be absolutely perfect in every single technical aspect of the craft.

Not that it's not good or anything. They did a nice job to set up the "12-week" storyline which will take place in 8 episodes.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

We're making our way through The Dropout. I never gave Amanda Seyfried's acting chops enough credit. Her charcterization of Elizabeth Holmes kills it here.

Wenders and sgreenwell like this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I love this show. As an adoptive father of an older child it hits all the feelings.

Songbird likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

S2 was strong. Now it'll be interesting, and fun no doubt, to see how they handle being parents.

Draft saved Draft deleted