1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Concerning? No? A matter worth getting to the bottom of? No?

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Absolutely, on both counts.

I’m just saying there is a very real and recent surge in absentee fathers. And I don’t think it has much to do with abortions and who does or doesn’t get a “say.”

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You don't think the "we shot some sperm" perspective, I dunno, might make men think they're dispensible/unnecessary in the parenting equation?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think there might some small connection there, but I'm speaking more to the "men are the sperm donors here" mindset. There is real and recent surge, yes. Getting to the bottom of that is not a particular priority in our country.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

In my circles, we use “sperm donor” as a derogatory term for the deadbeat fathers we know. My nephew’s “father” chief among them.

I thought until today that it was pretty universally used as an insult.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But rarely rightwing, conservative republican anti-abortion Christians. They are against holistic support for the less fortunate. They are against community action to prevent not only crime but unwanted pregnancies. They want to deny Gays, Muslims and Jews from adopting Christian babies and being foster parents . Humanitarians are libertards. Pooling resources to help more people, using economies of scale to help more people is against their warped and perverted Christian beliefs.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Speaking of warped and perverted ...

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Where there's a will, there's a wenalway.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Invoking W*n**w*y used to be a banning offense.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Which came first? Men doing that, or men being called out for doing it?

We know far more about the way people behave now than we did 65 years ago. My mother was pregnant the first time she got married in 1955. The man she eventually married that time was already married and had abandoned his first family to live with my mother. She subsequently had a second child with that man, and before my brother was two, the father had moved on to another woman. But nobody talked about it. And my mother lied about her wedding date for her entire life. So? Anecdotal, but I bet other people have anecdotes about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted