1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It was? I'll delete, then.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The men who would be genuinely cheated by a woman’s decision to end a pregnancy are not the men who would be cheated by the woman’s decision.

Those men would either be in a genuine relationship with the woman or in a genuine position to help the woman. Those are not the pregnancies that will be lightly ended. Or they would be the ones after genuine discussion with the woman, be the ones driving her to the appointment.

These other men people are so concerned about are not the ones we should be worried about. And they are only worried about them to further take away a woman’s agency. The guy who beats the shit out of a woman should have a say? The guy whose first reaction is “oops” should have a say? The guy who is more interested in a booty call should have a say? The guy who raped the woman should get a say?

Fuck that.

The guy who should get a say is the guy who cries harder than his partner as they say goodbye to their son as the adoptive parents take him away.

Can we be less worried about pieces of shit and more worried about how to support the lives we bring into this world so they don’t end up becoming pieces of shit?

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I thank you for the response and I agree that it could have gone a different way. I was spurred to post because of the outright dismissal of an anti-abortion position as something derived from a authoritarian religious view that would like to enslave women. By reacting to it I took the bait and continued that aspect of the debate, as you point out.

lakefront likes this.
  4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The concern for human life can extend beyond the immediate family of a person.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That will take time, money, and people who are committed to helping those kids for the long haul. One kid who falls through the cracks is one kid too many.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m not being facetious: If I understand you correctly, you’re saying the men who should get a say are the men who give up that say, because they know only women should have a say.

So, if a woman wants an abortion, the man should agree with that, irrespective of how he feels, because a worthy man respects what a woman wants or feels or needs on that matter.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No. That is not what I said.

Next question.

Regan MacNeil and Roscablo like this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, the former, no question.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Man, Rick Wakeman and Keith Emerson got nothin' on Seagull dude.

Edit: RIP Keith

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    TowelWaver likes this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, this is definitely the reason. For fuck sakes.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

As a weekend keyboard player myself, I love Seagull dude. If he could make it as a pro musician, there’s hope for me yet.

I Should Coco and Machine Head like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted