1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this "classic."

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I looked it up because I was curious about the Utah thing. I remember it happening. The cop was fired, she was actually released after 20 minutes. I think it was obvious when he put her in the front seat of the car that he wasn't really arresting her. And she eventually won a $500,000 settlement from salt lake City and the University of Utah.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Oops - San Diego officers receive multiple calls about a loud argument between a man and a woman outside her apartment, and then later, a report of the man breaking in via a glass door. They don't respond for hours, and when they do, they don't actually enter the home. The next morning, woman is dead, and the man turns himself in. The woman also had an active protective order out against the man, and a few months prior, police responded to disturbance between the two and were told he did NOT live there.

NBC 7 Investigates: San Diego Police Face Scrutiny Over Woman's Murder

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter. They don’t have to do shit. Courts said so. AND they have the most powerful union in the country.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Can’t fire them and can’t force them to do their kind. Don’t have to fund them, though.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yes, you do. How did the whole repurposing police funds toward mental health thing go thanks to Democrats' messaging hilarity and the complicit shit-for-brains Washington press corps?

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

376 of them. That's two companies of infantry.

Gutless bastards.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Maybe not for every single one of them but the majority of them are thinking "one shooter, OVERTIME BABY!!" Yeah I've said before, engaging a shooter has never been in my job description but damn I'm sick of this, 376??? For what?? Zippo. F**k those police officers from now on, they don't get a pass on any scrutiny.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Over 200 of them were Federal, and to my mind that's far worse then the local Uvalde guys and county mounties.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

To protect and serve.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Police chase in Mississippi ends in tragedy when the fleeing driver ran into a mail truck. The mailman was killed when the truck tipped over and he hit his head on the concrete. The mailman was 33 and had a wife and son.
    The cops were from a nearby suburb of Jackson. The chase was initiated there and went into Jackson. This has been a point of contention between the two cities for years, and this isn't the first time there have been crashes resulting from similar police pursuits that started in one jurisdiction and led into another.

https://www.wlbt.com/2022/07/21/mai...hase-ends-jackson-carriers-condition-unknown/

Draft saved Draft deleted