1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The part that gets to me about COVID (on the wrong thread, but whatever) are the people who say the government “sold (them) a bill of goods.” Smart people are saying this. Smart people who know better.

I do think the vaccines were rolled out by the Trumpists as bulletproof — until 1/21/21, when they became flawed vessels that really were killing everyone’s grandma.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I have seen every one of the hearings and I am watching tonight
    This is living history
    If the good guys prevail, they will be looked at as a turning point
    If the bad guys win, at least I will know what happened
    Because if we go into a world where 1/6 is designated Ashli Babbitt Day, every tape of every hearing will be destroyed

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was going to say clean the steps of the Treasury Building with toothbrushes, but this works.

I low-key wonder if there shouldn’t be a (heavily screened) military detachment guarding Biden while they rebuild the USSS from zero. If somebody wants their job back, make ‘em apply again. We don’t know who we can even trust in there.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have to wonder what it was that the Secret Service thought would look worse than blatant obstruction of justice.

lakefront, dixiehack and garrow like this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A conjecture (not a wager or a prediction) ... like Harry Truman's committee being shushed when it bumped up against the Manhattan Project, the J6 committee will ultimately get kinda quiet re: these missing messages.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

As opined elsewhere, why did Pence refuse to listen to the USSS and get into the limo once the Capitol was breached? Where were they going to take him? What more did Pence know because the pressure campaign was very strong and he said no and refused to go along with the plan.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The speculation is that he was afraid that he would be taken somewhere and isolated before he could perform his function and approve the electoral college votes. You have that quote from Grassley the day before talking about taking over if needed that has never been clarified. So the speculation is that the plot was that if Pence is not there they could stop the process at least temporarily and perhaps get the fake elector votes in there.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Republicans are convinced Biden doesn't really have COVID, because he hasn't professed a desire to get in a black SUV and drive around D.C. to show how manly he is.

gingerbread, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or put on a Superman suit and prance around on the South Lawn balcony.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard a single thought or prayer from any Republican leader for Biden?

And while I'm channelling TFG, has anyone asked Russia where the missing texts are?

Draft saved Draft deleted