1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Flipping through the dial in the car today - apparently Dick Morris is still out and about....and writing about Trump's "return" in 2024, something, something, something, .....and he'll face Hillary again.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jimmy Carter is eligible to run again.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That’s what I keep wondering about. Did they really think 81 million Americans were going to just shrug their shoulders and be like “Eh, what can you do?”

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Exactly. “Humiliate yourself so we can suck up to readers by undercutting your credibility forever.”

6. tapintoamerica

No way. A Black woman in the White House would enrage them, but they also know they’d be able to channel that rage into record voter turnout in their klan this November and in 2024.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Here’s something to chew on. You know all those crazy conspiracy theories about the Secret Service and JFK’s assassination? How sure are we now that they’re all crazy?

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore. And I have not looked at this issue very deeply, or at the language in this bill. But honestly, that many House Republicans want to states to be able to decide on contraception? JFC. That insanity.

OscarMadison, gingerbread and garrow like this.
  9. dixiehack

Many conservative Christians are convinced that Plan B is a type of abortion.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

I tend to think incompetence is the overriding thing here. Less than 20 years after Dallas, USSS let anybody stand within shooting distance of the side entrance to the Hilton. And they were protecting Reagan, who was great to them and a welcome change from Carter, who was a jerk to a lot of people while POTUS.
    The Carol Leonnig (sp?) book is an indictment of boorish, unprofessional conduct spanning decades and administrations.
    As for JFK, the book The Kennedy Detail is worth a read.

11. dixiehack

It goes back to a bigger problem with the Trump years though. We have to go back and retrace everything because of all the stuff we were told would or could never happen that did. The Russians got their money’s worth because it is hard to have faith in anything now.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted