1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My gut tells me the fallout from this means Ron DeSantis will be the 47th President of the United States.

Gulp.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ah well ... there goes (perhaps) my conjecture.

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Indeed

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

6. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Not just Grassley, but Cruz, Hawley, the ridiculous back benchers in the House, Mike Lee, etc.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A Biden Administration?

dixiehack likes this.
  8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a little. It looks like Biden only plans to run if Trump's running. Fair enough, he already did his patriotic duty there. But Satan has many lives, as we've learned. After 1994, who thought Clinton would be re-elected, comfortably even?

(Now, I know, Perot's presence tilted the election toward the Democrats, more so in '92 than '96, but still ...)

DeSantis has gotten more aggressive in curtailing, even eliminating, human rights in recent weeks/months, and the Roe v. Wade reversal should be a Godsend for the Democrats come November 2022. If it's a candidate other than the False Prophet, and I think we've got to agree it will be, the Democrats need to nominate a younger candidate, someone who can appeal to the multiple factions in the party.

I'm sticking with Gavin Newsom, but I could go with Gretchen Whitmer. I was on the Kamala train in the early 2020 primaries, but she has struggled to find much footing since taking office. The VP gig sucks, frankly.

If Trump/Satan and Uncle Joe are on the sidelines, and especially if justice prevails, and Trump is locked up (I haven't given up, yet), it's gonna be a freakin' free-for-all, in both the Democratic and Republican camps.

(Insert Ted Nugent joke here.)

The Democrats need to turn their focus toward the mid-terms, now. The GOP gerrymandering over the last couple decades won't make it easy, but it can be done. The Senate should turn more blue. If Ron Johnson were somehow re-elected in Wisconsin, for instance, it's over.

Bring it on, fascists.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that they'll protect the Secret Service's methods, and that might mean not using some of what the 1/6 has. It just isn't an insurmountable obstacle if there is some overlap between info the committee wants to publicize and the Service's techniques.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just played my first game of Coup: it was Mr. Orange in the Oval Office with seditious conspiracy.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Why are these MAGA traitors still in Congress today?

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted