1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Yeah except for that business of DeSantis not even being able to look people in the eye during conversation, and bigtime donors already talking about it.

If possible he is even whinier and even more fun to needle than Trump.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty obvious the man is dyslexic. A disclosure of which prior would have explained a few things.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Funny how the deep state may be on Republicans’ side. A little more projection, perhaps?

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Again showing that every time he made any kind of speech, it was his first time reading any of it. We all remember the pic of him writing is inagural speech. Also a reminder that he thought the most unflattering pictures, were his best ones. upload_2022-7-22_10-41-18.jpeg

garrow likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It is July 2022.

Most congressional primaries are over.

Folks are familiar with the candidates.

They’ve probably already decided for whom they’re voting, or close to doing it.

Yet Democrats have rolled out exactly zero campaign strategy, and they look like they couldn’t grab their asses if they tried.

I’m not trying to be alarmist, but realistic. Do you really think folks are going to be pissed over Dobbs five months after the decision came down? I’m also saying this as a white male in a state where the governor is quite pro-choice, so YMMV. It’s a very important issue, but this is going to be more than a one-issue election.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I don't have much hope in anything going according to actual law, but if the GOP nominee is anyone other than Trump, the play is just to go on about how lame they are. It killed Romney's and Ryan's presidential aspirations, and Fetterman is currently showing how well it works against Dr. Oz. That's the playbook. (Won't work against Trump, though.)

Jesus_Muscatel and OscarMadison like this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

January 20 11:59 am, the Nation and Congress concedes that trump actually won the 2020 election. The reconvene the electoral college and trump is declared the winner. He becomes ineligible to serve another term.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I thought this was absolutely inspired. Somebody on Fetterman's staff deserves a big pay bump.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If there's not a Joe Rossi or Billie Newman byline on that story, it's fake news.

2muchcoffeeman and BTExpress like this.
  12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

this is what makes me wonder about the Idiot Out Walking Around.

During an exchange with reporters on Tuesday, Grassley was asked how he plans to vote.

“Well, first of all, I will be — if the Vice President isn’t there and we don’t expect him to be there, I will be presiding over the Senate,” according to a transcript of his remarks sent by a spokesperson.

Grassley suggests he may preside over Senate debate on Electoral College votes - Iowa Capital Dispatch

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted