1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Trump Recording Footage Shows a Man Made by TV Who Was Suddenly Trapped in It

I'm the man in the box
    Buried in lies from Fox
    Won't you come and praise me?
    Praise me
    Feed my lies
    (Can you keep your mind shut?)
    Jesus Christ
    (I'm your new maker)
    He who cries
    (Will be wasted)
    Oh, feed my lies
    (Now you've spread them) out
    I'm the dog who Biden beat
    Shove my nose in shit

I Should Coco, X-Hack and Pilot like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton got roughly 66 million votes in 2016. Joe Biden got almost 82 million in 2020. That's an increase of 16 million. Trump got 62 million, then 74, an increase of 12. So yes. Democrats turned out big in 2020, in record numbers. I assume some of these voters were young, and some were hispanic.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This type of talk is what allows the crap we're seeing to continue. So defeatist. Why not just give up? Let them run amok.

No, that's not what our country should be. We are the land of independence, which is supposed to mean, we, as a collective, get to choose our lives, choose our representatives, and choose what government we are going to have.

"Saying, oh this means nothing, nothing's going to change..." No. I'm not going to let people literally "storm the Capital" and say "means nothing."

Our whole economic system in the USA depends on our free government. This extraordinary wealth we collectively have? It will evaporate if we do not have a freely elected government with the rule of law in place. No, not going to happen. And that's what these clowns take for granted, we can ignore the Constitution and STILL have the world's greatest economy. Well that's why they're clowns because that's so wrong.

For me, everything comes back to our economy, if we do not protect our government system, we lose our economy and way of life.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Outing alert: @qtlaw is Sam the Eagle.

You’re right though.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My guess is that Trump slowly eventually becomes like the Iraq War, something the righties loved, then didn't talk about since they could fill programs crushing Hillary and Obama.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That’s why I qualified my comment.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Voter turnout was highest among those ages 65 to 74 at 76.0%, while the percentage was lowest among those ages 18 to 24 at 51.4%. Voting and Registration in the Election of November 2020

63% of eligible voters actually voted in 11/2020.
    There are at least 25 million eligible voters that are not registered.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Bannon verdict incoming

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

11. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

So will Bannon actually see any jail time for this? Or is this purely a symbolic gesture?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think I read somewhere that there is a statutory minimum of 30 days.

TowelWaver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted