1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That stopped my biological clock. No, other things stopped my biological clock. It just made me a ragey little plebe.

Yep, that's so Nashville. See: Plebe, Ragey Little

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sadly, this is part of why Nashville has garnered a reputation as an up-and-coming place to live.
    If they keep this up, they’ll run all minorities out of town and steal someone else’s MLB team.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The White Sox sound like the leaders in the clubhouse.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You misspelled “Tampa Bay Rays.”

8. dixiehack

Any MLB team in present-day Nashville will be a poverty franchise from the word go.

9. OscarMadison

Your MLB team in Nashville will be a plaything for residents of Williamson, Sumner, and Wilson Counties. Many of the players, athletic support staff and upper management will also call those counties home while the bills will be met courtesy of the taxpayers in Metro-Davidson County.

10. OscarMadison

@dixiehack Not meaning to bust your chops about this. Friends in Nashville are paying big tax hikes for fewer services. Decreasing ROI on education is usually followed by the refrain of "It'd be nice, we just can't afford it." If people can cough up for PSLs they can afford to do more than the random giant check and new playgrounds in team colors where it's dangerous for kids to play out.

Time to get out some pork rinds and my copy of Silverado.

11. dixiehack

Baseball more than any other Big 4 American sport relies on population density. And while a Nashville is getting bigger, it ain’t that big. Only Milwaukee would be a smaller metro area in MLB. You’d see some reshuffling of the TV territories, but adjoining metros are not going to have a lot of regional loyalty. Memphis will still be a Cardinals town. East Tennessee and northern Alabama aren’t seceding from Braves country.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Put a damn team in Montreal already and call it a day.

X-Hack and tapintoamerica like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted