1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You are right.

I think I was responding to the word grifter.

It's not just a semantics thing to me. They are grifters. But for me a grift is trying to swindle / steal from people. This is not a grift. It's them being tacky. ... scheming. ... however you want to characterize it along those lines.

I also do think most people are like what you said, "How tacky." But the tenor of stuff I have seen has been entirely about them doing something wrong in trying to scheme to be a cemetery. I never see the outrage placed where it belongs on a tax code that creates the story (not the person who tries to exploit it).

lakefront likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The reason they often get exempted from taxes is because there are a lot of old, full ones that generate no income for the owner. So how are they to pay for the cemetery’s property taxes?

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That makes no sense. If you are generating no income. ... you owe no income tax. Your exemption would that nobody is taxed on income that they didn't earn.

Your second question: Cemeteries are exempt from property taxes in NJ, too. They slurped those legislators but good.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

GQP legislatures prepping to dismantle democracy.

But Fat Orange Hitler's cemetery.

LOL

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You think that way, and I think that way, but there's around 30% of the country that would gleefully pull the "own the libs" lever.

I Should Coco likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Well this way they can visit her grave whenever they go suck up to DFG at his summer palace.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's a story.

11. Neutral Corner

It's not that it's illegal. It's that it is gross and unseemly. It's grotesque.

Like Donald Trump.

matt_garth, garrow, wicked and 2 others like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Oh, c'mon, Doc. That's really minimum effort, low quality trolling.

Draft saved Draft deleted