1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Read them in Butters’ voice from South Park and they’re incredible.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, well...

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Hate this behavior

5. Neutral Corner

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. Then shoot him with your AR."

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Government does not work and is ineffective. Especially in Republican led states that don't tax enough to be able to provide services to their citizens.

"In total, Alabama reported overpaying $164 million unemployment dollars to its residents between 2020 and 2021. Now it is asking for much of that money back.

Yet many people told AL.com they get no response when they appeal. The department received “countless” appeals that had yet to be processed as of this year, according to data the department sent the U.S. Department of Labor, between December of 2020 and March of 2022.

The department reported it received but did not file at least 86,262 appeal requests.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/08/ala...how-overwhelmed-dysfunctional-department.html

8. Neutral Corner

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

During the Great Recession the state of New Jersey stepped up its clawback game, claimed thousands in my years-past unemployment benefits on a technicality in my severance deal, mistakenly acknowledged by the fuckhead trunt head of HR at my former employer. At the same time, I was being let go by another employer, so I delayed filing again because I knew as soon as I got paid on the new claim the state would grab it, never to be seen again. I had kept ALL my severance paperwork and won my hearing with the state DOL. I then filed for unemployment and got it all at once, about $7000...

...which was halved the next day when our poor doggy needed to be hospitalized...

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I was wondering who was going to be the first to gripe about this.

You know what the reaction would have been 25 years ago? We would have chuckled, said "good one," and went about our day. And later, we would have said to our buddy, "See what Trump said today?" and chuckled some more.

You can clutch pearls over this. I'll put this somewhere in the same category as John Fetterman -- who I think is great -- nominating Mehmet Oz for the New Jersey Hall of Fame.

We are just too damn easily offended.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Meeting you with a view to a Hill
    Painted faces, secret places, know the drill
    Fox News covers me
    But you know the plans I'm making
    Still lots of sleaze

Could it be the whole plot opening wide?
    A sacred lie
    A monster raging inside
    The weak is why
    Until we dance into the fire
    Fake electors are all we need
    Dance into the fire
    To fatal sounds of broken dreams

Dance into the fire
    That fatal kiss is all we need
    Dance into the fire

The choice for you is the view to a Hill
    Between the bombs assassination standing still
    First crocodile tears,
    Tactical gear on your body
    First time in years
    To quench your thirst for liberal tears
    A chance to find the voter fraud in Detroit
    A chance to prove the Big Lie

OscarMadison and I Should Coco like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted