1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well then, you and others have succeeded in his goal. What do you want me to say? That I renounce myself? Sorry, that ain't gonna happen.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A president, now a former president, behaves in ways that anyone who isn't an absolute moron would never accept on a kindergarten playground.

People don't inure themselves to it because they don't want it to become an accepted social more.

Nobody is overreacting if they point that he's a douche or an unbelievably idiotic person every time he acts like himself. The guy is a former president. Being a fuckwad, a dishonest shit, a liar, a crass jerk (and everything else you can say about Trump) is not OK when you sign up for that job.

3. jr/shotglass

Nope. Can't help you on this, either.

I go right back to the Fetterman-Oz thing. It's a political jab, one politician at another. And as far as getting outraged over it involving life and death, that's not taboo anymore. Plenty of comedians have proven that.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm not outraged.

Nor have I suggested you renounce yourself.

I'm curious about the Trump phenomenon.

Part of which is the collective decision made by many Americans to no longer give a fuck about manners or decorum or empathy, community or decency, as long as Trump is getting a rise out of the starched collars and finger waggers.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Carrot Top and Barack Obama. This is where we are.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

That's the best point that's been made. Yeah, I'm curious about it, too.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

No, its not too early to express outrage and his clown act; that's exactly what needs to happen, to expose his followers for following such a clown act. Ridicule and marginalization is the only thing that keeps clowns from seeking center stage. The sooner it happens, the better.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

Never had anything to do with "too early," qt. It had to do with the subject matter on this particular item.

qtlaw likes this.
  9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Imagine the CEO of your company acting like Trump does, and how your coworkers would respond.

Now imagine it’s the CEO of the country behaving like that.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

We'll see

11. jr/shotglass

Justin, you sound like it's the first time you discovered Donald Trump is a buffoon!

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Great.

Now you understand that a plurality of the Republican Party wants to nominate him again, a majority of the party will vote for him in 2024, and when he loses again, he’ll behave in the exact same way … right?

Draft saved Draft deleted