1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Looks like the two Trump-backed Republicans will fall short in the Washington state primary.

Dan Newhouse and Jaime Herrera Beutler advance to the November election, where they should keep their seats in two of Washington’s rare conservative districts. Despite voting to impeach Trump after Jan. 6.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

And part of the reason for that is this state’s primary system, where the top two finishers regardless of political party advance to the general election.

In other words, the numerous ultra right wing candidates devoured each other, allowing the Trump traitor incumbents and a Dem to advance in each district.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That statement was for an audience of one.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  5. Della9250

6. Della9250

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Mark Finchem is a conspiracy theory nut and a hardcore "stop the steal" guy who was at the Capitol on January 6th. He has said leading up to the election that he will never accept the results if he loses.

The worst case scenario for Arizona is Lake and Finchem actually getting elected together. If that happens elections in Arizona are done. (I don't think either one will win and I suspect Robson beats Lake in the primary, but that race is far from over.)

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This vote proves reproductive rights are not a red or blue issue when the rubber meets the road.

Hell, for that matter, neither is democracy.

Kathleen Sebelius (a Democrat) was on the teevee a couple of hours ago and pointed out that Kansas was a state founded by abolitionists to create a free state west of the Mississippi. Its Republican roots run deep. But as I've posted before, the polarization of parties is a fairly recent phenomenon. Pre-Reagan, you had liberal cloth-coat Northeastern Republicans, and knuckle-dragging segregationist Democrats.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

There’s a US Senator named Crapo?

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Nashville's city council overwhelmingly voted yesterday to tell the RNC to pound sand and take its convention to Milwaukee in '24. Gov. Short Bus and the Red supermajority General Assembly are crying a river. Nashville never wanted it. The state leg did and even considered a calling a special session to vote to force Nashville to host it.
    I'm glad the city stuck to its guns.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Do tell. Which 10 Republican senators are voting to break the filibuster? Names please.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Now you know what he’s good for.

Draft saved Draft deleted