1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So in the new Beavis and Butt-head, they riff on people’s YouTube videos and TikToks. They’re hilarious.

garrow likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Trying on Apple TV threw in a nice little twist this week. Smelling a little Kramer vs. Kramer action to come.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I watched the first two episodes of A League of Their Own on Amazon and am enjoying it so far.

I read both good and bad reviews so I went in with some trepidation. It’s a character drama built around baseball, not a series about baseball.

I haven’t seen the movie in years so don’t have memories to compare the two, but it isn’t supposed to be a remake.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    “We have our own Elon Musk in ‘The Good Fight.’ ,” said Baranski, who plays lawyer and liberal activist Diane Lockhart. “And I get to bash the billionaires a bit. I’ve added a few lines [to the script], and I actually will include Elon Musk in the final episode.”

“The Good Fight” Season 6 premieres on Paramount+ on Sept. 8.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The original movie was dinged for implying pretty much all the players are firmly heterosexual; the teevee series not-very-subtly posits they're not.

I suspect the real-life history was
    somewhere in between.

The series does get into some problems which would ensue if players and coaches were carrying on close personal relationships (regardless of gender).

The major subplot dealing with integration probably should have been a series of its own.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Sandman on Netflix was pretty good. Never read the comics and the genre isn't really my cup of tea, but it had so many cool actors (Charles Dance, David Thewlis, Stephen Fry, Patton Oswalt) I figured I'd give it a try.

The diner episode is amazing.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

We finished Westworld. Final season was a little bit better than the one before. Which was hot garbage.

Really, they could’ve stopped after the first season. Which was great.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I did.

Recently watched Black Bird. Riveting. Fans of Mindhunter will enjoy it. Paul Walter Hauser as the serial killer is next level creepy.

Maid is a good show. Thought it was going to be lighthearted, goofy stories about cleaning houses. It is an often depressing spiral into homelessness and spousal abuse.

The Sandman should please all fans of that book.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Just watched "Caliphate" on Netflix (yes, it's another Swedish series). ISIS recruited working teenage girls or immigrant parents in a Stockholm suburb along with a Swedish woman trapped in ISIS controlled Syria. Highly recommended.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I gave up a while ago. Production values only take you so far when the plot gets so convoluted. It is such a disappointment after a strong first season.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I read the first issue of the comic online years ago because I'm a fan of Neil Gaiman, but I just couldn't get fully into it. The diner episode is very good, though so far, "The Sound of Her Wings" is my favorite episode. Kirby Howel-Baptiste is wonderful as Death.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted