1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He has a horrible consulting team?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Pure speculation, but this one feels to me like a guy who's like, "I know TV. And I know what will work. We'll do this."

And the team tries politely to tell him it's not a good idea.

"Yeah, well, I do this for a living. So we're doing it."

And so they did.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I had to scramble to do some research because I thought the Chicken Soup for the Soul guy (Mark Victor Hansen) had gone rogue.

garrow likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

He’s a RWNJ all the crazies follow
    Mark Levin had him on his TV show the other day

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to George Will?

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Tucker Carlson strangled him to get his collection of bow ties.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Still adorning the Washington Post two or three times a week.

8. DanOregon

Sean Maloney Dings Progressives, Chris Hayes in the NY Times

I've heard this a lot - progressives do seem to find new ways to virtue signal through language every month, and it does get tiring. I imagine people that don't watch MSNBC or listen to NPR have a hard time keeping track of most of the buzz words. The corollary of this is also true - conservatives realize how dumb most Americans are and tailor their messaging to them, and now realize they need to keep dumbing down their messaging to find and attract new voters.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He's absolutely right. If anyone is sheerly a creation of wokeism it's Chris Hayes. And it makes his show unwatchable.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The real question is where in Arkansas are they moving. Because there are some deep blue pockets in very desirable locations in this deep red state.

2muchcoffeeman, garrow and Driftwood like this.
  11. DanOregon

I just think people are wired differently - people like Levin and Tucker figure out what people are feeling and then make it seem like there is some "thought" to it - rather than base instinct/fear of the unkown. Maddow and Hayes present facts and then craft their message in a way to MAKE people feel a certain way.
    Both the left and the right have had problems with the FBI - Conservative take, well if they are going after Trump, it's obviously political and a vendetta. Lefty take, the FBI has a long history of meddling in politics - spend five minutes talking about J. Edgar Hoover, maybe throw in "dressing up" reference - and say the FBI is an institution unto itself.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Hayes is a rich kid from Brooklyn, son of a community organizer, went to hotshot prep schools. Studied philosophy at an Ivy (lol) and winds up an MSNBC anchor. The usual career arc for the downtrodden he details on his program.

Draft saved Draft deleted