1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He is smart and does provide that audience with what they want - similar to Tucker's show. I always learn something new on Hayes' podcast. Though I do wonder why MSNBC hasn't tried out a host using Tucker's "low-information/gut instinct" type of approach, if only on the weekends to see if people respond to it.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Sure he is smart, they all are. Except Todd. That doesn't always make it good television or a good newscast, and it's not clear anymore what the network prefers.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sea Bass likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wasnt that the premise of the “Ed Show” way back when?

TigerVols and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think Maloney's missing it to some degree, too. I'm not that smart, and I've never once thought Chris Hayes talked over my head. I have thought Chris Hayes thinks he's better than most people, and uses language as a way to show it.

I haven't thought it was an intellectual thing for awhile now.You can be a 1560 SAT, and if you're skeptical on whether a $15 minimum wage solves what we think it does, there are (also 1560 SAT) people ready to label you a moral blot. Increasingly, progressivism is bound up in this moralism.

"Conservatism," hardly conservative any longer, is the new playground for anarchists and trolls and nihilists. The "want to watch the world burn" types. The Trump cheering section is filled with these idiots.

wicked, tapintoamerica and lakefront like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When's the GQP Barbarossa office practice?

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Worked for trump.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the time they had Gyneth Paltrow try to live off what people on EBT get for groceries.

Gwyneth Paltrow is hongry!

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

One of them is from Arkansas. They go there every summer to see family. I can't remember exactly where.

The last 15 or so years they've gone off the deep end. The Clinton Murder Machine, states rights and the Civil War, that poor woman and what they are doing to her / Ginni Thomas and so on.

After they retire the common ground we've had will be gone and I don't expect to see or hear from them again.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"This is the biggest collection of criminality that has ever gathered in one place, with the possible exception of whenever Donald Trump dined alone."
    --President John F. Kennedy during a visit to Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary (December 1961)

I Should Coco and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted