1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That's only one a year. I had six from one three-minute confrontation. (As the Orange Cheeto would say, BIGLY.)

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    If you had fewer felonies than Watson suspension games, you lost!

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I minored in El Chapo studies

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I done my own research.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The right hates the facts. And they hate that Bill Clinton beat them. He owned Gingrich and that still pissess them off.

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He didn't just beat them, he trounced them. And all comers they sent to defeat him. At nearly every turn. That is the real source of McConnell's evil.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

A lot of the schools with the lowest student literacy rates are in communities where the parents themselves have very low literacy rates (compounded multiple times over when the parents are immigrant laborers with limited proficiency in the English language itself and low literacy in their native language) and -- in many cases -- these are parents pulling the shift at Dunkin or KFC followed by the backbreaking shift painting houses or cleaning offices just to scrape by. I hate to throw around the term "privilege" but growing up in a home full of books with English-speaking parents who have time to expose their kids extensively to books before they start kindergarten is a tremendous luxury that many of us have taken for granted in our own lives as parents and/or as kids. Of course there are plenty of parents who do have the resources and enough of an education, but it's easier to just hand their kid an iPad or park him in front of the TV. Those are the ones who are probably doing the most complaining.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I still maintain that the rise of Trump has more to do with a rejection of the GOP establishment which seemed to promise so much and deliver so little. Plus, I can understand disaffected working class white voters who see the Ds seem to reach out to every marginalized group but them, flocking to someone who actually seems to care about their concerns. But also, underlying racial and class conflict seems to be a drum the Rs have been banging for years.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

it's a religion™

12. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

LOL no. More like an assistant superintendent who hasn't been in the classroom in 2 decades (if they ever were) sees a presentation from some ed consulting charlatan at a conference and says that's our silver bullet and forces it on everybody else in a districtwide initiative that incorporates hours of useless PD -- taking teachers away from planning, collaborating, assessing and instructing -- over the next two years. And then in 5 years, nobody remembers it was ever a thing as they've moved on to the next piece of snake oil.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted