1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Agreed. That's one of the things that's bothered me about Stelter's show over the last year or so and the newsletter, it morphed into so much Fox bashing. I'm sure Stelter having written a book bashing Fox was a coincidence.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I remember when I was a kid there was a kid who had a regular byline in The Sporting News. I was green with envy.

Stelter is the kind of guy who takes himself a little bit too seriously for this absurd era.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

If it weren't for hators and trolls ruining everything, Eric and Don Jr. could have their fingers in every pie without anyone knowing.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

With Brian Stetler gone, any chance they let Chris Wallace out of his cryogenic room?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Stelter and/or guests on his show said CNN was wrong not to cover the Cuomo stuff during the Cuomo hour, and the network aired it - it would have made all the difference.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

dan-
    Trump could be spotted by the authors of The Federalist Papers. He is a lifelong tapeworm who found a perfect and willing host - the Republican Party.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely. As hard as it may be to believe, the GOP's opposition to legislation that a strong majority of Americans support deand reluctance to velop a platform or ideas that the general electorate supports, has left the party resorting to voter suppression and gerrymandering to stay in power.

When Reagan was around the GOP meant:
    Family values
    A strong military
    Business-friendly policies
    Low taxes

Now it seems to be just about making the Libs outraged. And the more outraged the left is, the bigger justification for the policy or behavior.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    garrow, HanSenSE, Driftwood and 2 others like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Dan-

Policy is just something they no longer do. And it's hard really to fault the strategy, it rakes in money and their constituents do not give a singular fuck about policy.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stelter is good at times, oftentimes, and at other times he has the look of a midnight slasher.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Never really watched Brian Stelter's show, but read the email newsletter religiously. Always had lots of good stuff in it.

Webster and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted