1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

CNN's annual revenue is somewhere around $2 billion, and half of that is profit. I don't think that's going to dent the budget much.

Turner paid the remaining staff of NASCAR.com somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 million (total) in severance to go away at the end of 2012. Didn't even offer us a chance to apply for any other openings. The HR lady -- who was "transitioned" before we were -- said the company would rather hire all new people than retrain existing staff.

In fact, Turner turned right around and bought Bleacher Report for $175 million with the money they saved on NASCAR and PGA Tour. Despite having an entire staff of editors and writers already in Atlanta. So goes the TV industry.

Especially when you consider just one failed pilot episode of a sit-com will set the network back $2 million. Something like Game of Thrones was $10 million just to shoot the pilot.

The people in the corner offices at a major network make seven-figure decisions all the time, because if you happen to find that one big ratings hit, that covers the cost for all the stuff that didn't. And if you don't, you get "transitioned" as well.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He was paid to say what Zucker thought. And maybe you think Zucker was right about everything. But that was Stelter's role.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/08/18/hogan-cox-moore-governor/

Republican Gov. Larry Hogan has ratcheted up the rhetoric about GOP gubernatorial candidate Dan Cox, describing him earlier this week as mentally unstable.
Hogan, who has previously called Cox a “Q-Anon whack job,” described the GOP nominee as “a nut” during a recent radio interview and reiterated his prediction that Cox has “no chance whatsoever” of being elected as Maryland’s governor in November.
“He’s not, in my opinion, mentally stable,” Hogan, who is term-limited, said Wednesday on WGMD radio, based on the Eastern Shore. “He wanted to hang my friend, Mike Pence, and took three busloads of people to the Capitol.”

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched CNN in ten years or so, I was making a comment about the disparity in pay between TV and other mediums.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Gotta be at least +5 or +6 to overcome R gerrymandering. But the season is young.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Retire you lying punk

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

She - as in Texas - puts me to shame.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She's talking about that illustrated version that was being banned.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted