1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In some online discussions I've seen people say that "Long Gone" was originally shot on then-standard definition video and for some technical reasons it can't be remastered to higher def. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but it does make some kind of sense.

I think they could reboot the whole basic concept -- a scuffling minor league team in the early integration era -- and make a limited edition series. Maybe with some of the original actors in cameo roles.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

$37 million left on that contract

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

re: "Long Gone" streaming rights, it looks like it was produced primarily by the Landsburg Company, which did roughly 20+ movies in that era, almost all of them TV movies based on real-life events. It wouldn't surprise me if they still own the rights to their own content and they haven't found a content company willing to meet their price, or, if the real-life nature of their subjects make it a no-go to expand to streaming. (i.e. If it constitutes another medium that they would then have to get another round of approvals for.)

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

maumann and jr/shotglass like this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, he passed the self-recognition test.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Looks like everything is going on in Baltimore tonight.

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Astros' Alvarez exits due to shortness of breath

This sounds like a scary moment in Atlanta. Yordan Alvarez left Friday's game with shortness of breath and ended up in the hospital, though he is stable now. No word yet on what caused the problem in the first place, but it was reportedly exacerbated by the smoke from fireworks in the stadium.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Britt McHenry would be impressed.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Who was better, Wesley Snipes as Willie Mays Hayes in Major League, or Wesley Snipes as Bobby Rayburn in The Fan?

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted