1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching Claim to Fame this summer?
    The wife and I have really enjoyed it a lot more than we'd have expected to. (Only started after hearing good things.)

The premise is it's a bunch of people related to legitimately famous people, and they try to guess who their fellow contestants are related to. Get it right, you stay and they leave the house, get it wrong and your relationship is exposed and you're out.

There's surprisingly good strategy in terms of a reality TV game show, and of course, it's kind of fun trying to figure out the clues. They eventually feed you the IDs of most contestants and that hasn't taken anything away from our enjoyment. And they actually did a really good job casting both in getting people related to actual famous people (much bigger names than, say, your average season of Dancing with the Stars) and getting people with some personality.

Anyway, new episode tonight, and I think there should be at least 3 or so more.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I too have enjoyed this more than I expected to. All of the relatives have been revealed either by the show or through social media if you cared to look.

There has been some good sleuthing to figure out the celebrity connections. It's funny that the contestant who everyone has known from the start because she looks just like her relative is still there because they all want to go against her in the final.

Pilot likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We burned though the first 8 episodes of Severance in the last few days. Very well done, well acted and so strange. Watching the final one tonight.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The dance party is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in TV, movies, or stage.

I'm still pissed that Tramell Tillman wasn't nominated for an Emmy. Without him the show is less than pedestrian. He owns every scene he's in.

He should be the next Bond.

TigerVols and Webster like this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

About to watch the Severance finale for the third time since I came home too in my cups the first two times and dozed off about 15 minutes in. That's on me ... early wakeups+beers=night night on the couch before 10 sometimes. Ha.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watched the finale. Fantastic and still so many questions. Just a great indictment on religion (and I think Scientology).

Cosmo likes this.
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Anyone else see "The Great Imposter and Me" on ESPN+/E60? Ho-lee cow what a story.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That seems like a bit much.

11. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Rewatched season 1 of True Detective. So good, I almost feel like dialling it right back up. I think Harrelson gets overlooked for a fantastic performance. Marty is a much more believable character than Rust. Their interactions are sublime.

I’ve started on the dreaded season 2, and so far so good. Approaching with low expectations.

garrow likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The original Match Game theme song from when it was in NYC

Draft saved Draft deleted