1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Is her name Karen by any chance?

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Plus he’s been in government for 40 plus years. I hope to retire and enjoying drinks with little umbrellas in them when I’m his age.

OscarMadison, maumann and Driftwood like this.
  3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Fauci was one of the faceless, nameless devoted public servants for most of his career
    But he had a visible role during the pandemic and became wildly popular, which irritated Donald Trump so much he turned Fauci into a target for Trumpers
    May the good doctor enjoy retirement away from the spotlight

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Served with honor under five presidents. Then, all of a sudden Fauci had “credibility issues.”’

maumann likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

One of the many horrid outcomes of the past six years is the enthusiasm for turning previously honorable, and largely anonymous, professions such as public health official, doctor, scientist, nurse, teacher into controversial figures worthy of attack.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dude is going to be testifying in front of the House howler monkey caucus four days a week unless we get a November miracle.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

But if the Dems hold the Senate he’ll never see Rand Paul again

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Fauci is a good guy. Was doing the best he was probably capable of. And the crap from the dumbest segments of our population directed toward him is disheartening.

But that guy had serious problems just delivering a straightforward message. He was trying to tell people what he thought would get them to behave in certain ways, rather than just being informative (instead of being paternalistic). And that led to the mixed messages and contradictory information.

It wasn't a nefarious plot, of course. But I do think we'd all have been best served by someone just speaking factually: what we know, what we don't know, what we think it means, what we'd guess is most likely based on our experience, etc. He did that. ... but then he'd always get in his own way somehow because he wasn't a polished communicator, he'd veer into trying to steer people's behaviors, too, and he'd create confusion for a lot of people in the process.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    maumann likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've mentioned before that I'm guessing at some point the Biden Administration made it policy for very little mention of Trump - by name or inference - in any of their actions and communications. I'd say it has worked. We've seen very few attacks on Biden related to Trump. His policies? sure. But he's had very little resistance from Trumpers.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Harvard ain’t played nobody, PAWWWWWL!

maumann and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted