1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Even as a Sf fan I find this a bummer for baseball. He’s an electrifying stud on the mound.

sgreenwell and Matt1735 like this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Seventh-inning solo HR breaks up Robbie Ray’s no-hit bid. He leaves after 7 IP with the Mariners up 2-1.

A Washington starter I never heard of almost matched him, allowing a “hit” that went under the shortstop’s glove and a home run to Haniger immediately afterward.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Dodgers' Tony Gonsolin is 16-1.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Man one milestone I want to see is Pujols to get to 700. He had one of the best first 10 yrs I can remember, maybe even better than Trout.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

New league record.

[​IMG]

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Teams are announcing their 2023 schedules today. Biggest change is in interleague play: One series against every team in the other league.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Long overdue.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Out before the indictment?

MTM and MileHigh like this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The Athletic's Dodgers guy was quick to post the dates for Mookie's return to Boston and the team's first visit to Texas since winning the Covid World Series.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I know some people are not happy that more divisional games are going away, but there is something to having your team play everybody -- especially with as many games as there are.

NL teams shouldn't have to wait years to host Trout and Ohtani. AL teams shouldn't have to wait to see Juan Soto in person when he's approaching 30.

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted