1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This might be the most impactful change.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

All true.

But a doctor should know better.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure whoever from his campaign said it was going for the short-form version rather than, "A lot of risk factors can contribute to a stroke. ... but being fat in particular. ..."

Azrael likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I paid the last of my student loans off a couple of years ago. Sure, I would have loved to have had this program to help, but at the same time, my loans weren't nearly at the level of what kids are paying today for college. The biggest issue for me was being unable to pay much of the principal, especially when I was at a newspaper barely scraping by and barely able to even make minimum payments.

wicked, Mngwa and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"I hope my opponent recovers fully and swiftly from his recent stroke, so that on election night I'll know I've beaten him at his best."

Really not hard to come up with this stuff.

I Should Coco, garrow, Mngwa and 6 others like this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It very well may be giving Mehmet Oz too much credit ... but I have my doubts that he has been giving a final approval on the social-media disaster coming from his team. (And no, he has no such excuse for the TV spots he has been in.)

Actually, if true, it just makes him even dumber than we thought.

dixiehack and maumann like this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I think he’s doled out talking points to his staff and given little direction beyond that.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The fuck he does. This article is four years old. He also shops at the grocery store by me when he’s in Harrisburg. I’ve seen him up close. 400 my ass.

https://archive.triblive.com/news/health-now/john-fetterman-adopts-new-way-of-eating-drops-148-pounds/

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump took anything that wasn’t bolted down.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You keep saying this and it's not true. He used to weigh 400 pounds. Now he weighs around 250. He dropped 150 pounds back in 2018. And he's 6-foot-9, so 250 isn't even that bad.

EDIT: Did not see BYM's post. Point still stands.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ah. I had read he weighed more than 400 and I still had the picture of him in my head of what he used to look like. I didn't realize he had dropped a lot of weight from when he was tipping the needle on the scale.

Draft saved Draft deleted