1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Webster likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd rather see them reduce the interest on the more predatory student loans.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

My cool story bro:

I was lucky enough to come from a house with a decent-enough income and a grandmother with the foresight to create a college trust, and more than a handful of scholarships so that when I graduated college I had "just" a little under 14,000 in loans in early 2000s. I have no idea the details, because my parents set it up, but I had 15 years to pay it off. I paid it off in seven, basically because the monthly payment was so low I could pay more than the minimum and attack the principle. I can't imagine people wo have five or 10 times my total and make around what I made in my first job out of college, let alone the total I make now.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

We all know how much SCOTUS loves OLC legal opinions, even ones on torture. Why break precedent?

7. Neutral Corner

Blatant Obstruction of Justice - by the Attorney General of the United States.

8. Neutral Corner

Which brings us back to the age old question. Is it rude to toss a Xanax in someone's mouth while they're talking?

Smallpotatoes and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This still blows me away. Maybe he got bailed out by relatives, but as far as I can see, no one has an idea who paid this money off.

garrow likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

To coin a phrase: Shutup bitch.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hope she ate a vegetable in her life.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The sentiment of this tweet is all you need to show how hypocritical this argument is. How many rich-ass GOPers (and Democrats too), didn't even pay loans when they didn't want to or somehow got them wiped out? Tax credits? Whatever other financial workarounds they can get? But people who went to college to supposedly better themselves, barely make squat, and owe more on their loans today than they did when they took them out 20 years ago can't get a bone thrown to them?

TowelWaver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted