1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Well done.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Pay them more twink lover.

4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I know getting any money out of Trump for services rendered is an upset (even if you're Stormy Daniels), but still ...

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

He did the same thing with the Ukraine call notes. There was the whistleblower, then Trump demanded a release of the "transcript" and then... the transcript made it 100% clear he was guilty and he was swiftly impeached. He just seems to think he can so control the narrative that actual facts can't stop him. Hey, sometimes he pulls that off but Jesus, sometimes he damn sure doesn't.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/08/24/biden-student-loan-forgiveness-mistake/

The point is that it doesn't help poor people. It's regressive. That part isn't an opinion. And it's just one of the reasons why it's harmful to the country.

But anything substantive that makes the obvious case for that. ... gets a smarmy response from you.

When you can't address something substantive. ... ignore it and label the messenger and dismiss them as uncaring, unlike you.

It's pretty typical.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Helping the poor.

A Democratic Economist’s Case Against Biden’s Student-Loan Plan

EDIT: It's a bad idea whether or not Jason Furman points out the obvious or not. I'm just linking to it because when you have Jason Furman as the one pointing out reality (and granted he's not in this adminstration, so he can be honest with people right now), maybe it's time to reach for better snark.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Bobo's in a hell of a lot of legal trouble, maybe more than Marge. For the time being, anyway.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Scratching my head on a $250K-income household being considered a member of "the poors."

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

When I think about how much of my money went to support bullshit wars and alimony and paying the salaries of Trump employees, if some of my tax dollars go to giving some of y’all $10,000, I’m completely OK with that.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Or Chinese massage parlor owners.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted