1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Good for Joe. McConnell, McCarthy, Reagan, Gingrich, the Bush family, there’s not a politician alive or dead or didn’t act out of raw political necessity at times. Biden did it to the benefit of a group of people who have probably received less direct government benefits than any other group of Americans, aside from the Native Americans, middle class taxpayers.

X-Hack, Mngwa and Smallpotatoes like this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It doesn't defang the "$10k isn't nearly enough!" crowd, but it means that they take more fire from their own side. Politically, it helps Biden, no question.

TowelWaver likes this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

And the Democrats have been so shitty at politics the last 10 years, it’s actually nice to see them do something out of raw political necessity. That’s a refreshing change from the bullshit petty internecine squabbles and the trying-to-stay-above-it-all inertia.

X-Hack, UNCGrad, TowelWaver and 4 others like this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

There's more to the thread.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

I guess we wait and see, but the speculation is that the FBI waited until he was broadcasting from a confirmed location and arrested him. His people are being quoted as saying that "It's not a bit."

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Maybe he died.

lakefront likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is pure anecdata, but the “hot” out of state school this year seems to be Ole Miss. I never used to see them show up as a destination in my friend group and now I know of 3-4 different families (who don’t know each other) all sending a daughter there as a freshman, when frankly the academics aren’t any better than you’d get at a commuter school. I suspect there may be a draw of relatively cheap tuition and generous scholarships (although the ones sending daughters through rush can kiss those savings goodbye.)

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Cross him off the list in pencil then.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted