1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

!!!

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If he declassified them, why did he turn over sone earlier? Why did he keep them under some sort of lock and key? Why didn’t he publish the declassified documents on Fox or his social media thing? And why can’t Biden say he reclassified all documents that trump declassified

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No, I don't think they are (or were) working off a quota. The folks doing the admissions scheme system may not be the sharpest pencils in the bookbag, but they're not that dumb. That'd be one helluva good way to wind up on the wrong side of X v. Y.

I used dishonesty in reference to the way that "diversity" leaped to the forefront of admissions concerns the moment the Supreme Court accepted the arguments proffered in Grutter. Maybe I shouldn't have used that word (or phrasing), but "lying" was definitely not what I was getting at.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Heritage, not hate.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It wasn't even physically placed there. Classes were held at locations across the district, but for class-ranking purposes, all students in that program were treated as students of QuantAlmaMater.

I don't recall there being too much stink raised about it. Maybe it was only a handful of kids who were actually affected (because several of those STEM academy kids were already at QuantAlmaMater). Maybe the kids who saw their rankings move substantially weren't targeting UT-Austin (because it's the only one for which you run up on some pretty tight numbers) and it didn't much matter. And maybe they baked something into the policy so nobody was really harmed (and of which I was never made aware of). I know in my daughter's case, I was very concerned, but it turned out not mattering because: A) she was Top Whatever% anyway, so she: B) got into UT-Austin, but she wasn't accepted into their acting major (which accepts only 16 students annually!), and therefore; C) she went out of state.

As re: C, this is me every semester when it comes time to pay the bill ...

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Anti-semitic attacks in NYC up 100% so far this year.

Thanks, Fat Orange Hitler, may he and his acolytes die, horribly.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    Woody Long likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But Rob Gronkowski would be a big ratings hit.

wicked and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Economic anxiety.

TowelWaver and tapintoamerica like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted