1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The national baseball media collectively rejoice.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You really are a big baby when it comes to the Nationals.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

For the first two decades of the 2000s, I could chant 1988.

For the last two years (admittedly to be a jerk) I have said “yeah but 2020 has an asterisk because it was so short and Kershaw didn’t have time to run out of gas.” I’m hoping that isn’t taken away from me too.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

If they go 13-21 the rest of the way they won’t lose 100

maumann likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This season, Soto has been much better than Chapman. That's a low bar. Chapman is having an awful year.

maumann likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Another Angel takes flight.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I was watching a replay of the F1 race which bled into a Perfect Games show. The kids already act like major leaguers. Step out, fix the gloves. And the pitchers are hitting high 90's.

It looks like an MLB game.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was watching this kid from Hawaii pitch on Saturday, and I actually enjoyed the quicker pace of play than you see in an MLB game. Of course in an MLB game, pitching coach looks down at the report drafted by the analytics department, relays to catcher, catcher calls the pitch, while batter checks with 3b coach and tries to remember the report his team's analytics department put out on the pitcher when faced with a 1-1 count and a runner in scoring position, on the road after the sixth inning.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Also, no leading off in Little League at that level.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering how few teams even steal bases any more - I don't know why they even bother with the throw to first anymore. Hight point was '87 with 3,585 by 26 teams (138.8 per team), last year 2,214 by 30 teams (73.8). I understand it's all about the HR now. The weird thing is that as attempts have gone down, the success rate has gone up, about as high as it has ever been in baseball.

Stolen bases are on the rise in Major League Baseball

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Amazing to see how many people in Anaheim just jumped to their feet to cheer Judge’s 50th home run. It’s going to be a fun final month.

Draft saved Draft deleted