1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Azrael likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Wait, they don’t blindly back the blue? Since when?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Batman would tell you that this is a not-unpredictable consequence of living in a broke, poorly-run city where the infrastructure has been decaying for decades. And he wouldn’t be wrong.

At the same time, it wouldn’t capture how fiercely resented Jackson is by white Mississippi, how thorough the level of disinvestment has been and how complete the breakdown is between state and local government. The governor didn’t even invite the mayor to the press conference linked upthread.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Since they started investigating a rich white guy instead of killing an unarmed person of color.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Bolduc is a MAGA crazy.

8. doctorquant

From what I'm reading, the mayor probably should be thankful for that.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For House watchers, the 538 has a good breakdown of the races. Some states did some dang fine jobs of gerrymandering. There is no way a country this divided should have so many "safe" seats.

They have it GOP 219 solid or lean, Dem 203 solid or lean with 13 toss-ups.

2022 House Forecast

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Unfit lunatic

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking to me that actively poisoning our children is somehow reducible to the passivity of partisan politics. Jesus.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. doctorquant

Of course it's bad ... and you know how into the Dem/GOP rivalry I am ... But as these things tend to go, the initial posts and reactions thereto give off a distinctly partisan aroma that, on greater scrutiny, seems unjustified. Looks to me like the Mississippi guv is actually doing a pretty good job (one might even say "heckuva job") dealing with a mess that is not of his making.

Azrael likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted