1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Every day, dedicated men and women work in this city to protect American national security. They guard us against threats from all around the globe. But what if a former president became such a threat?"

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

We are fucked

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Not at all of his making? He's the leader of the state and of the party that controls the state. What's Mississippi's infrastructure spending (as percentage of spending) compared with the rest of the country? Heck, even compared with Louisiana or Texas? I'm prepared to be proven wrong, but I don't think I will be.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's a local responsibility/authority.

5. Regan MacNeil

That seems a shitty way to run a state. Why would something that important be left entirely to local control?

6. doctorquant

That's kinda the norm, there and everywhere else. At least as I understand it.

7. Regan MacNeil

That's a stupid way to run anything then. If locals anywhere and almost everywhere have shown us anything over the years, it's that they're even more inept/corrupt than statewide officials.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

why would the state know what everyone needs better than the locals know it for themselves

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Now ... can he distance himself from the crudite fiasco too?

11. doctorquant

Sheesh, I didn't realize the scale/scope of the localized control/ownership thing. Per the EPA there are 148 THOUSAND public water systems in these here United States.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Two things:

1. The city of Jackson (mostly black) draws its water from surrounding communities (mostly white). Sorry to interject race, but we're talking about Mississippi.

2. Anyone who ever made fun of Arkansas or West Virginia for being back-waters never lived in Mississippi.

cyclingwriter2 and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted