1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

matt_garth likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Gotta keep those invites to the DC cocktail party circuit. Fucking whores.

3. Regan MacNeil

Morning Joe, led by Joe himself on this one, is praising Biden’s speech. I’m sure Chris Wallace is all in his feelings over on CNN.

4. Regan MacNeil

My
    Attorneys
    Got
    Arrested

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Thatfact that trump and his gang were in charge during the census, was not talked about enough.

garrow, TowelWaver and Mngwa like this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

And the fact that it was obvious at the time that they were trying to weaponize the census and purposefully undercount minorities.

dixiehack, garrow, maumann and 2 others like this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The 'Time' framed pictures in the box!!!!

garrow likes this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

A lot was made of it. People went to court over it. They knew Trump and Wilbur Ross would use COVID as a cover.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

What do you get out of doing this? I mean some people were actually turning a buck playing this character on Twit-ter, but you seem more sensible.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I think TigerVols is right. They're not going to indict him, because they're afraid of the fallout. I've believed this to be true basically since the search warrant was executed.

I'll add: The filing from last night gave me pause, though.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The Justice Department wouldn't have asked for a search warrant that they knew itself was going to cause a shit storm. ... unless the intent is to indict.

If they don't indict, I'd imagine it will be because they don't think they can win a conviction.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think what he means is that Wolf Blitzer wasn’t breathless about it. The network daily news shows, the Sunday talk shows, the major daily newspapers, CNN, MSNBC, and the local TV news shows (which are on from 4:30 until 7 pm) didn’t act like it was as half as important as Hillary’s emails, Obama’s tan suit, Pelosi’s hair salon Or the snow forecast of between 2” and 30”.

Draft saved Draft deleted