1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Uneven geographic sorting plays a role. Down here they might be closer to a majority.

lakefront and maumann like this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He only needs one on a jury.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I remember a woman who was on the Paul Manafort jury. She was by her own admission a big time Trump supporter who came into the trial hoping to find Manafort not guilty. But she wound up voting to convict all the same, because the evidence was overwhelming in her opinion.

lakefront, HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Oh I know it. And they are not timid about it. Ride-sharing down yonder, every guy wants to talk politics when you hop in.
    I guess it's because when they see a white dude with a ballcap in the back seat, there is license to spout racist bullcrap.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That fake haystack hair
    That crazed flag-hugging stare
    That strips their conscience bare
    It's witch bunt

And they've got no defense for it
    The evidence is too intense for it
    What good would common sense for it do?

'cause it's witch hunt, wicked witch hunt
    And although I know it's strictly a coup
    When you arouse the greed in them
    Their hearts says "Yes, indeed" in them
    "Proceed with what you're leadin' me to"

It's such an ancient grift
    But one I couldn't lift
    'cause there's no bigger witch than you

Typist Clerk likes this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

It was an interesting morning
    Going from How can you trust the FBI and DOJ on Fox to How can you trust Trump on CNN and MSNBC

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't know - I've always thought there is something to the idea that he probably attracts completely unaffiliated or racist voters, which is partly why the polling can be so "off" on the races he's directly involved in. In 2012, Romney got 60.9M voters. Trump got 62.98M in 2016 and 74.2M in 2020. I think it's harder to separate "normal" Republican from a Trump Republican, the longer he's hanging around, but on the conservative end I'd say "his" supporters number between 2M and 14M.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I got profiled yesterday at a tire shop. "Hey, there's a middle-age white dude with a cap and a gray goatee having tires put on his 4X4. I bet he'd like me to walk up randomly and start a conversation trashing talking Biden."

Uhhhhhh, no; he would not.

Tarheel316, MTM, lakefront and 6 others like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

you say fuck you very much for cancer that Jesus’ father created. Slavery wasn’t a good creation either. 4B632703-8617-4FFF-A9C2-4E79B3ED7C94.jpeg

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Violence is too good for the guy. Sentence him to a trailer park in Appalachia - preferably a single-wide, he could come out every day and take "requests" for his greatest hits from his fellow residents.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Full board inquiry, anyone ever seen anyone remotely close to that "Jesus" who had racial roots from the Middle East??

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted