1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

He did. I didn't realize Chang's one Slam victory, the 1989 French, happened simultaneously with Tienanmen Square. I always rooted for Chang in his day so I'll be looking forward to that one.

Hermes and Smallpotatoes like this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I loved watching Chang. First, he was inherently likeable. Secondly, he gave the top players fits, and his play was entertaining as hell to watch. That one Slam victory came against Lendl (EDIT: I just looked and I got this wrong. He knocked off Lendl earlier, but the final was against Stefan Edberg). But I always associate Chang with Sampras and Agassi, and remembering several matches later rounds in the majors (US Open, especially). There was one five-setter where he took Agassi five sets at the U.S. Open in the early 90s. Chang played Sampras really well throughout his career, in particular.

OscarMadison and Hermes like this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Admittedly, my memory of those days isn't great, but Chang just didn't quit. Got to almost everything, fought hard, beat the odds, that kind of guy. Maybe one of the scrappiest of all time. And looking up his bio, he appears to have grown up outside the tennis industrial complex (Bollitieri et al) that was at full power during the 1990s.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

I have to wonder to what degree this remained true once Trump took the documents to Florida. Still, if they have the empties, the Archives and the IC know what was originally inside of them.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He gave millions to Trump and Michael Cohen?

Cause my memory was (and I just looked) that his link to Trump was that he was at the inauguration. And the reason was a $250K donation to the inaugural committee that came from someone else (a cousin).

When did he give millions of dollars to Trump and Michael Cohen and what was the context of it?

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

So they knew there were documents missing before they released this today. Is there a link between the missing documents and the search and seizure at the Russian oligarch's homes?

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Slacker, Tighthead and heyabbott like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Lendl match was where he was cramping so badly he served underhanded and hit half lobs back to keep Lendl off the net. It was amazing.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    But you can't hold a whole political party responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole politcal system? And if the whole political system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our government institutions in general? I put it to you, Joe - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Slacker likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted