1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Semper Pie.

Sea Bass and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the green buffets

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

POTUS says democracy is under attack by MAGA.

CNN: Hold my stein.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Here you go, Ragu.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

From the article: “I think there’s probably a greater likelihood the House flips than the Senate,” McConnell said during an appearance in his home state last month. “Senate races are just different. They’re statewide, candidate quality has a lot to do with the outcome.”
    So McConnell admits many (or at least some) of the house candidates are not high quality but might still win.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I didn't realize none of the broadcast networks covered the Biden speech (too political) they said. But lets be clear, if he was saying the same thing about a foreign country it would have been fine. Whether you liked the speech or didn't - if you're going through the trouble of going to Philly and putting on the event - you should make sure the broadcast networks carried it otherwise, I don't really see the point. If you have to water down the language or whatever, you do it. Otherwise, just give the speech in the Rose Garden, with some of the victims of Trump-inspired violence present.

lakefront likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is a helluva sobering read about what we have to look forward to from online super bro world.

matt_garth likes this.
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

US District Judge Donald Middlebrooks on Friday said Trump failed to respond by Sept. 1 to a motion to dismiss filed by the US government, which is one of many defendants in the suit filed under a civil racketeering law.

Middleton, an appointee of former President Bill Clinton, granted Trump an extension to Sept. 6, but had a warning for the former president.

JFC, Yahoo! Check your notes again!

garrow and matt_garth like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted