1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I guess Joe likes the military. He’s showing that he doesn’t think they’re losers and suckers. If Biden wants to muse props to drive the fascist scum into hiding, I’m good with that. If he wants to slow roll help to Kentucky and Tennessee, go for it. If want to relocate some defense contracts from Missouri to Wisconsin, I’m good with that. Democrats have been letting themselves getting punched in the face for 7 years, time to fight back. And someone needs to lock bill and Hillary in their rooms until November 2024.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree on your points. The Dems have been forced to be the "responsible one" since the GOP went haywire. Supporting the military, ending a 20-year war, not playing politics with emergency relief, passing funding bills to ensure our country doesn't default etc. Even now, when you hear Republicans criticize Biden because he's not "uniting" the country and calling out fascist behavior when it happens - it's crazy. And most of the lunacy is almost "baked in" to the Republican brand - its become their SOP.
    I've mentioned this before, but I do think the general press holds Democrats to a higher standard.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why would you insult Tucker Carlson like that? Sure, he deserves it, but you just gave YF way too much credit.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But all those bigoted white nationalists sound the same after a while.

outofplace likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Unpredictable fascist actually very predictable

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe it isn't Trump so much as what he says. In the past, people like him - think Pat Buchanan, were seen as having no shot by the general media, and spoke about these things in language that really didn't connect with the voters most receptive to them. Trump's celebrity and his "outsider" status were two key ingredients to his rise.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And he ran against a woman. Obama (and probably Biden) would have beaten him in '16 if he'd been eligible. Though, Trump likely wouldn't have gotten the nom against an incumbent.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I bang to the beat of my own band, dog. Always have.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange Hitler reenacting the Beer Hall Putsch, circa 2022, with no one willing to stop him.

The brownshirts already tried to burn the Reichstag.

12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Of course the Trump-appointed judge did.

Draft saved Draft deleted