1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

maybe he will, maybe he won’t. But the Angry Staffer Twitter account sure as shit doesn’t know.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It reminds me of a science teacher I had in high school we all thought worked at NASA. We later found out she cleaned their offices during college.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Khartoum was also unavailable.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

As objecting attorneys on Law & Order like to say, the Angry Staffer is assuming facts not in evidence.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yes! He’s going to lose on appeal.
    But then he appeals that loss. And the following one. And then, lo and behold, the Alito court gets to decide.
    Remind me again how impartial the SCOTUS is? How it relies solely on established case law to form its decisions.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Just a typical Republican.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

A 6-3 supermajority for the Republicans. Talk about impartial.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Where have you gone, Fani Willis?

A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Nothing will happen.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don’t know or care one shit about Dr. Oz, but that’s a pretty distorted take.

There are plenty of PA towns “south of Philadelphia.” Chester, Essington, Prospect Park, Boothwyn, Aston, Marcus Hook, etc.

Or, really, anything else on that 20-mile stretch of I-95 between Philly and Delaware.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's the point of Oz saying I grew up south of Philadelphia to make it sound like he grew up in Pennsylvania and not in Wilmington, Delaware, which yes, is south of Philadelphia. He could had said that if he grew up in Wilmington N.C. across the street from Michael Jordan, or Atlanta, or Puerto Rico.

Technically he is right -- he grew up south of Philadelphia. But the implication is it's one of those Pennsylvania towns and not another state, which is where he grew up, unless going to Penn's School of Medicine in your mid 20s counts as growing up.

Fred siegle likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted