1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Is Sean McDourmett any relation to Sean McDermott?

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll is in the Hall of Fame.

i’m surprised the commanders are favorites over Jax. What a hideous franchise Washington is.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

did you watch the second game?

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Not that I'd vote him but if we're putting McVay on a Hall of Fame level, Carroll deserves to be up there with those four -- and if you believe Harbaugh belongs there, then Carroll does as well.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes. I understand they had chances to win both time, but when an opponent beats you twice in two tries, perhaps it is time to stop considering it a fluke.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

KC was up 21-3 in the second game and had a chance to make it 28-10 before half. The Chiefs blew the game.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Chiefs seemed to be in control at halftime of the first game, too. It is foolish to call it a fluke when it happened both times.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No question.

Carroll’s viewed as the jerk who chose Russell Wilson over the Legion of Boom or Marshawn Lynch. Or something.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That is not even close to why people want him gone in Seattle. He coaches like it’s 1989.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not to defend Pete, but if I had Drew Lock and Geno Smith as my quarterbacks I'd probably coach like it was 1929.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That fucking playcalling starting with 1st and goal at the 2, man. I don't get it. They thought their shit didn't stink.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Who makes the QB personnel decisions in Seattle?

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted