1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I will make a prediction: Brady will stick it in the Cowboys and break it off. But after that, the decline will be rapid.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tom Brady in Week 6:

[​IMG]

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Stolen idea from another thread.

We are now as far from the 1972 Miami Dolphins as the 1972 Miami Dolphins were from the 1922 Canton Bulldogs.

4. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

As a (mostly) lifetime Detroiter, I have to say that's quite a prediction, but I don't share the optimism. They say "That's why they're the Lions" for a reason. The schedule and division do help, though. But they have no QB and Barry Sanders isn't coming back through the door. Or even Dexter Bussey.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

1, what a photo

2, how great would it be for joe flacco to have an oldie's season for the ages and lead the jets to the super bowl.

3, and win it ...

4, and STILL get just one question from nantz.

5, joe flacco's a jet, and he'll always be elite.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm a Yooper and about half my family are Lions fans (as is my boss), so I'm quite familiar. But they've got at least a little talent, appear motivated and have one of the easiest schedules in football. It's a very low bar but it's more clearable than several previous years.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I really thought Tom Brady was going to have a Brett Favre last season last year and then he didn't. But he still might this time. That said, the Bucs might be able to win the NFC South by default.

8. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

I really just wanted to work Dexter Bussey into the conversation. He never got enough run.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

We'll check in on them right after the turkey. ;)

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Saints will challenge, and the Panthers have a chance to be sneaky good IF (big big if) McCaffery can stay healthy and Mayfield is at least a competent adult at QB. I don't think the Bucs are a shoo-in to win.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

life is pain

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't understand. Why is that an iconic picture of Flacco?

Draft saved Draft deleted