1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I posted this a few weeks back, but you just don't see male politicians get covered like women political figures are by the fashion mags. I still think it trivializes female poltical figures when they're posing for pics like the GQ shot above - and I don't know why the women do it. And yes, men do pose for portrait shots, but you probably won't see a "stylist" credit included - at least since Bill Clinton.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, Obama had stylists too. And Fatfuck has a whole crew of flunkies whose entire purpose is to gussy him up and make him look like mommy.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Of course, Obama was shot a few times by GQ - but I don't they used wind machines or set dressers for his shoot.

[​IMG]

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That was a smartly-done interview that I’m sure will grind the gears of our usual suspects.

As for the glamour shots, women for ages have been playing that as the one trump card (how I hate they way that term has been poisoned) they are permitted against an otherwise stacked deck.

I Should Coco and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is great.

[​IMG]

lakefront likes this.
  6. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The MAGA maelstrom

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It certainly would have been far from perfect, but the Supreme Court alone would be a massive difference.

Also, we wouldn't have had a president intentionally screwing up our response to COVID.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is no way he would have gotten the nomination again. He would have lost to the first woman to be elected president, an unpopular one at that. No way Republicans go the unconventional route like they did with him again.

Sure, he may get the nomination again in 2024, but that is a version of Trump who had four years as president building his base.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I agree and she would have been declared the worst POTUS ever because 500,000 people died in a pandemic.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just use your i-maga-nation

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nine, that we know of.

Draft saved Draft deleted