1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Glad I watched the Obama remarks - Barack had the zingers, but Michelle brought the heart.

OscarMadison, garrow and lakefront like this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There’s a guy on the Clinton Body Count list named Gandy Baugh, who died in 1994. He’s also on the Obama Body Count list, dying in 2003.
    Not only did she kill people, she brought at least one of them back to life.

Or maybe Obama brought him back.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

C28D2492-D384-4220-8EBA-902BCD60C5B8.jpeg

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Odds that there is at least one FSB agent in this photo: <90%

[​IMG]

matt_garth likes this.
  5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

What a fantastic orator Barack Obama is. Just such a good speaker. A sadly underrated skill these days.

tea and ease, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think it's his writing that really surprised me. His two pre-Presidential books were very strong. He's one of the few political figures I've known that have described personal disappointments in an honest way. Not with a self-depreciating remark, or to show how much he has overcome. He also uses "we" a lot more than "I" - using the work of others to highlight his accomplishments without seeming like he's pumping his own tires. A good lesson for job interviews.

UNCGrad, HanSenSE, wicked and 2 others like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The party of "f_ck your feelings" suddenly is Susan Collins-level concerned that its lord and savior's feelings might be hurt.

Irony thick enough to necessitate a chainsaw.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

All that said, I can see why his team would be working overtime to protect his reputation. Such as it is, it’s all he has. He has no real record of accomplishment to which to point, nothing to put his name on other than a building someone else built. He’s the epitome of “famous for being famous,” which in 2016 was enough to get elected president. Really kind of a sad existence, if you think about it.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Das Wanker

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

SIR

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What a klan. Remember, children: Libruhls are evil. Libertarians, GOP and any others who hate libruhls are fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted