1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Which one of you is this douchebag?

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

That reminds me of this punishment on Impractical Jokers. One of the guys was forced to steal balls from kids in the stands. Pretty cringy, but funny.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Radio host admits false claim on Freeman talks

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

55 for Judge.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Shocker, a Fox talking head lied!

Gottlieb's been an amoral weasel since his college recruitment. You can look it up.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He’s getting away with this, isn’t he? If we haven’t heard a statement from Fox saying he’s gone, I’m gonna guess he’ll survive. Just like Fox’ favorite political figure.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Three things you guaranteed to hear if you listen to a half-hour of Gottlieb's show, a story about his playing career, and mentions of his famous friends and his fabulous life. He'll also use his staff to show how smart he his. If Dan Beyer isn't filling in for him ( a much better listen), I'll flip the station. I don't know why they thought Gottlieb was an upgrade over Beyer, Jonas Knox and John Ramos who filled in after Jay Mohr left.

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I hate the Yankees. So I never listen to theircradoo broadcasts. But it was on the station as i got into the car tonight, and Jon and his sidekick are just fucking terrible. Make the same minute point 5 times in a row. Unprepared. Make fun of stats. So glad my car ride was short.

lakefront likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

There's nothing in the official rules AS OF NOW that states you must have four infielders. So the obvious loophole is to present a lineup card that eliminates your second baseman for a fourth "roaming" outfielder who stands just on the edge of the outfield grass, close enough to cover the bag for double plays but able to field ground balls as well. That still allows the shortstop to slide over to the right side of the infield (two infielders allowed) without violating the new rule.

4.03 Exchange of Lineup Cards

Unless the home Club shall have given previous notice that the game has been postponed or will be delayed in starting, the umpire, or umpires, shall enter the playing field five minutes before the hour set for the game to begin and proceed directly to home base where they shall be met by the managers of the opposing teams. In sequence: (a) First, the home manager, or his designee, shall give his batting order to the umpire-in-chief, in duplicate. (b) Next, the visiting manager, or his designee, shall give his batting order to the umpire-in-chief, in duplicate. (c) As a courtesy, each lineup card presented to the umpire-in-chief should list the fielding positions to be played by each player in the batting order. If a designated hitter is to be used, the lineup card shall designate which hitter is to be the designated hitter.

5.02 Fielding Positions

"When the ball is put in play at the start of, or during a game, all fielders other than the catcher shall be on fair territory. (a) The catcher shall station himself directly back of the plate. He may leave his position at any time to catch a pitch or make a play except that when the batter is being given an intentional base on balls, the catcher must stand with both feet within the lines of the catcher’s box until the ball leaves the pitcher’s hand. PENALTY: Balk. (b) The pitcher, while in the act of delivering the ball to the batter, shall take his legal position; (c) Except the pitcher and the catcher, any fielder may station himself anywhere in fair territory."

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted