1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I lived in Central Pennsylvania for a year. It's the most backwards, racist place I've ever lived... and I lived in Mississippi, Alabama, and Texas, too.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Was it Carville who referred to Pennsylvania as Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and Alabama in the middle?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Was that a McConnell impression? Pretty good. ... Love his fight right now. About damn time.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Nice to see after more than a day of Queen Elizabeth, Nicolle Wallace is back to being all Trump all the time

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yes, and James Carville can get fucked too. Goddamn states up north always want to excuse their shitty parts by renaming it as a southern state because they think “Well that’s not us.” Yes it is. When you other it, you don’t ever bother fixing it. If people from Atlanta and Charlotte and Austin have to get their state’s identity hung around their neck like a dead fish, then Philly bros can suck it up and admit that Coudersport isn’t some alien planet.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Amen, brother. And I'd be remiss in pointing out that the Philly area where I grew up is rife with racism. Or so multi-term Mayor Frank Rizzo informs me.

Fred siegle and part-timer like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

94FA1B93-B82E-400E-8797-458A54E178AC.jpeg CNN’s new agenda isn’t the only threat to its credibility.

8. Michael_ Gee

More bomb threats called into Boston Children's Hospital today. For personal reasons (my children are now healthy adults in their 30s, thank you) I'd be up for the FBI finding those people and blowing them away for "resisting arrest." I'd be in favor of other citizens doing it, to be honest.

9. tapintoamerica

Any idea where the calls came from?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

We still interested in the water crisis in Jackson, or have we moved on?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

I imagine the authorities do.

Draft saved Draft deleted