1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Maybe all y’all who are complaining about the announcing crews are just … getting old.

MileHigh and exmediahack like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Speaking of announcers, Maria Taylor just threw it to commercial by saying, "The Cowboys are down to the Buccaneers 3 to 12 ..."
    Ay caramba.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    poindexter likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good lord, Flacco is garbage. And so is Zach Wilson.

Did White not win a player of the week award last season?

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Next start he got hurt after a series, the following start he threw four interceptions in the first half. The minute there was tape on him he turned into the third string guy he is.

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I want to be as passionate about one thing as Tirico obviously is at calling a punt's yardage at the catch.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you are going to make an accusation you can't support, just go ahead and make it.

The Steelers' defense was fun to watch this week. That ain't the defense we are going to see the rest of the year, so they are going nowhere. That offense isn't good enough to win with a mediocre defense.

8. outofplace

Yeah, that ain't relevant to a terrible call saving their asses today.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wilson and Flacco aren't??

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Dad, is that you?

11. outofplace

It is tough to put the block or the miss on him. The snap on the miss in overtime was horrible. Most kickers aren't going to make it when the snap screws up the timing like that.

Edit: I just watched the blocked extra point again. The snap on that was poor, too. It seemed to slow things down enough to give Minkah Fitzpatrick time to get there for the block.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I do the same. I miss Curt Gowdy, Charlie Jones and Al DeRogatis, among others.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted